International Medical School at La Sapienza, University of Rome • Login or Register

Infostud and Permesso Soggiorno problems

All essential information for freshmen.

Infostud and Permesso Soggiorno problems

Postby Question » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:52 am

Hi,

I need help with two topics.

Firstly, in my info stud, under prenotazione esame, it says as follows: Impossibile accedere a quest`area, in quanto Il soggetto ha una immatricolazione con riserva.
Does this mean I have matriculation problems? What do I do about this?

Secondly, I have visa problems. I had to get an immatriculation visa from the Italian embassy in the US, which I had to have activated by going to the questura, as classes started the day my visa activated (october 1st). I still don't have a permesso soggiorno and I have no idea how to negotiate the process. Someone please save me!

Re: Infostud and Permesso Soggiorno problems

Postby EdoardoTB » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:42 am

Apparently the two problems are connected; here's what I found on sapienza website:

IT: http://www.uniroma1.it/segreteriestuden ... -stranieri
EN: http://en.uniroma1.it/study-us/undergraduate/admissions

I candidati Extra UE, accolti con riserva, per entrare e soggiornare in Italia, devono richiedere un visto d’ingresso per motivi di studio. Per tali candidati è prevista una riserva di posti ( definita CONTINGENTE). Il visto d’ingresso per motivi di studio viene rilasciato a conclusione delle procedure di preiscrizione presso le Rappresentanze Consolari Italiane.

"Extra-EU candidates, entitled as "riserva", need to ask a study visa in order to stay in Italy. These candidates have a reserved number of spots. The study visa is issued by the "Rappresentanze Consolari Italiane" (the italian embassy in your country?) at the end of the pre-enrollment procedure."

I'll ask today to a friend of mine in class, who is american and joined us this year. I hope he'll know more about this.

In any case, I would suggest you to go to the Hello Office (near Ciao office); they will know for sure how to help you out.
Edoardo, 4th medical student (now spending my 4th year abroad!)

Postby alessandro » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:23 pm

to me it sounds like there is a flag on your file because the Foreign Students Office is waiting to see your visa (and maybe your high school DV if you don't have that done yet). unfortunately even though I am american I don't have any experience with visas because I'm also an E.U. citizen. Are you here in Rome already? there should be several students on visas you could talk to. anyway don't panic about signing up for the exams, they can always be taken later.

Postby Nish » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi Clifford,

I might be able to give you some pointers about the residence permit.

You have to start the process by going to any post office and asking for a permesso di soggiorno kit. Inside the kit you will find all the instructions you need to fill up your form as well as the form itself. (However, everything is italian, so you might need the help of a friend or if not just ask the hello office).

Once this is done you need to buy a Marco da bollo from any tobacconist and attach it to the form.It's about 16 euros.

You also need to make copies of things like your passport, student visa, letter of enrollment to sapienza, health insurance etc and send them along with your application.

Once you've done all this, you have to take your application to back to the post office and pay 30 euros for the postal service and 107.5 euros for the procedure that will give you residency upto one year. There is a separate form inside the kit for this.

Once you pay the poSt office will give you a receipt as well as a letter with the date and time for your appointment. You must take these documents as well as 4 passport sized photographs when you go for your appointment.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you what happens next as I myself haven't done anything after this.best of luck :)

Postby EdoardoTB » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Thank you Nish for your reply.

*"Marca da bollo" (to avoid any misunderstanding)

anyway don't panic about signing up for the exams, they can always be taken later.

Yes Clifford, it is actually too early for exam registration. You usually register something like 2 weeks before the day of the exam, so around late January/February. You have plenty of time. Should you still have problems on infostud in Jan, don't worry, just send an email to the Professor and he will accept you at the exam; just explain that you need extra time for your visa and things like that. As simple as that.
Edoardo, 4th medical student (now spending my 4th year abroad!)

Return to Freshmen