International Medical School at La Sapienza, University of Rome • Login or Register

us students coming back to us

at our University in Rome, La Sapienza
Forum rules
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER
1) This section of the forum is accessible to everyone and is meant simply to encourage contacts between applicants and enrolled students.
2) This forum is managed by the students, not by the University.
3) The students cannot be hold responsible for any possible kind of incorrect information present on this forum.
4) You are encouraged to double check the information with those present on the official websites of La Sapienza University of Rome.

> 24th Jan 16 update: new registered users need to be accepted by admin first. This is a countermeasure against spam messages.

Re: us students coming back to us

Postby EdoardoTB » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:37 pm

Yes, there are students from US who are planning to write USMLE and start their residency training in US.

USMLE Step 1 is usually written at the end of either 4th or 5th year of medical school. Given the course structure, it is almost impossible to write it before, since you would be require to study a significant amount of medical content in advance, in addition to your current study commitments.
Edoardo, 4th medical student (now spending my 4th year abroad!)

Re: us students coming back to us

Postby EdoardoTB » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:29 pm

As far as I know, they are not taking any course, presumably because it is still early... My two american colleagues of 3rd year are planning to sit Step 1 I guess at the end of either 4th or 5th year.
I will send them a message and hopefully they will contact you :)
Edoardo, 4th medical student (now spending my 4th year abroad!)

Return to Our MD program