International Medical School at La Sapienza, University of Rome • Login or Register

drop out rate

at our University in Rome, La Sapienza
Forum rules
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER
1) This section of the forum is accessible to everyone and is meant simply to encourage contacts between applicants and enrolled students.
2) This forum is managed by the students, not by the University.
3) The students cannot be hold responsible for any possible kind of incorrect information present on this forum.
4) You are encouraged to double check the information with those present on the official websites of La Sapienza University of Rome.

> 24th Jan 16 update: new registered users need to be accepted by admin first. This is a countermeasure against spam messages.

Re: drop out rate

Postby EdoardoTB » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:48 am

Hello Dave,

well no, the drop-out rate is not as high as 50%. It might be something like 1 or 2 candidates a year (out of around 40), but we also get incoming students (from other years). Therefore it is kind of balanced...

If you are considering transfer, there might be some spots available every year, but just a few.

Concerning whether or not it is easy to be thrown out, our Uni allows us for some degree of flexibility, which means that we might be attending 3rd year of medical school and still writing 2nd year exams.
Edoardo, 4th medical student (now spending my 4th year abroad!)

Postby EdoardoTB » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:30 am

So basically it's hard to get thrown out because of non sufficient results?!

Let me put it in this ways: in other European countries, it is probably much easier to be thrown away, because in those countries students have rigid deadlines. In Italy, University allows much more flexibility. It all depends on you basically. I think it is a good thing.

Just another question, do you guys have only examinations or do you have to pass some sort of credit test first in that subject to be able to sign up for the exam?

The requirement we have for the exams is that we must attend at least 2/3 of lectures, because attendance to lectures is mandatory in Italy for medical school and a couple of other courses. Then you may register to the exam.

Postby EdoardoTB » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:43 pm

that there is a slight chance of a direct transfer.

True, but only if you are enrolled to another English medical school in Italy.

Return to Our MD program